Sunday, June 06, 2004

Backwards in Time

Wonder where all that tax money goes?

As a department chair, I receive a memo stating that the department has $1000 to spend on books or other materials. Quote: "Of course, I needed it yesterday, but I am requesting it [orders] by noon on Thursday."

This was received at 3 p.m. on Wednesday.

Since it was delivered by a student in the middle of a class, and I saw it was department chair business, and all departments were required to have a meeting on the following Monday, I didn't read it until after school on Thursday.

I emailed our principal with my dilemma, asking if we could have another day to meet and decide what purchases were needed. I never received a reply.

So, if you ever wonder where your tax money goes, I don't know either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home